This product and all data contained within is copyright 2020 MIMS (a division of Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Registration No: 2012/074397/07). By using this website, you (meaning any person who accesses this website) signify that you agree that you will not (nor will you allow any third party to) (a) copy, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, republish, sell or exploit, or reverse-engineer any portion in whole or in part of this website, its contents or materials for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever, (b) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on this website or in or on any content obtained via this website, (c) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of this website.
All of the content available on or through this website, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video content, is owned by MIMS and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights and international treaties. By using this website you acknowledge that this website and any underlying technology contain our proprietary information. Your permitted use of this website is for personal and non-commercial purposes only and does not result in any transfer of any intellectual property rights to you. All rights in the website not expressly granted by MIMS to you are retained by MIMS.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information published in this product. The publisher and their employees, agents or editors, however, cannot accept responsibility for the currency of the information or for any errors in copy or printing, omissions or for changes, etc., which may have occurred before, during or after publication. In no event shall MIMS be liable to you (or to any third party claiming under or through you) for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising from your use of, or inability to use, this website.
Important Information for Prescribers:
When prescribing any product listed, clinicians are reminded that when compiling product entries the following general disclaimers regarding certain safety aspects have been taken into account. These aspects will not necessarily appear in the listing. Only where they are of particular clinical significance to a product have they been included.
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredient(s)/components of any medicine contra-indicates its use.
- Medicines should not be prescribed to pregnant or lactating women unless the anticipated benefit clearly outweighs any potential risk to the foetus/infant.
- The possibility of drug accumulation should be considered in the presence of significant renal or hepatic impairment.
- Tolerance to medicines is likely to be less with extremes of age.
- Side-effects refer only to those which occur at the recommended dosages and correct route of administration.
- Drug interferences with laboratory tests and physical incompatibilities common with parenteral solutions have not been included.
- Certain medicines (ie those that cause CNS depression) may lead to drowsiness and impaired concentration, which may be aggravated by the simultaneous intake of alcohol or other central nervous system depressant agents.
- All entries have been compiled strictly in accordance with the package insert processed by the publisher.
- Mono-amine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) have a prolonged action, so patients should not take any of the foods or medicines known to cause reactions for at least 14 days after stopping treatment.
- Dosages given are for adults only unless otherwise stated.
- Only registered indications for products are listed. Prescribers must weigh the benefit against risk when using products "off label".